About Ocean Corp.
ABOUT OCEAN CORP.
Since first opening its doors in 1969, the Ocean Corporation’s goal has been to provide the most comprehensive, rigorous and unparalleled training to our students in order to ensure their success in both the Commercial Diving and Nondestructive Testing industries.
Since its incorporation, the Ocean Corp has been blazing a trail in Commercial Diving and Nondestructive Testing career training. We have an unmatched record of innovation for the development of both industries; read about some of the Ocean Corp’s most notable achievements below.
- First commercial diving school in the U.S. to include Commercial Bell Diving and Operations training standard in its core curriculum. -1972
- First operational dive conducted inside a U.S. nuclear power plant was conducted by divers from the Ocean Corp’s Diving Operations Division. -1973
- First commercial diving school in the U.S. to include underwater (WET) welding and cutting standard in the core curriculum. -1979
- Created the first underwater Nondestructive Testing and Inspection Diver training program in the U.S. -1980
- Founded the National Association of Diver Medical Technicians (NADMT). -1982
- Finished construction on one of the largest and most extensive commercial dive training facilities in the world. -1987
- First commercial diving school to include Nuclear and Contaminated Diving training and procedures standard in its core curriculum. -1989
- First and only commercial dive school in the U.S. to become a full member of the International Diving Schools Association (IDSA) and first U.S. commercial diving school to become a member of the Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI). -1993
- First U.S. commercial diving school to become a member of the American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT). -1994
- Ocean Corp Alumni Marni Zabarsky becomes first ever female Saturation Diver. -2001
- First commercial diving educator in the U.S. to become a member of the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA). -2003
- Radiographic training manual used worldwide was written by an Ocean Corp instructor. -2005
- First and only commercial diving educator in the U.S. to issue IMCA international certifications. -2005
- First subsea cut utilizing the SEAStalion diamond wire cutting machine — notable for its extensive use in the aftermath of the 2010 Deep Water Horizon blowout — was conducted using Ocean Corp facilities and personnel. -2008
- Consulted with NASA engineers on design and development of equipment for use on future space missions. -2011
- First and only commercial diving educator in U.S. approved to issue IDSA international commercial diving certification. -2013
Ocean Corp also offers underwater welding and NDT seminars and classes for utility and oil industry clients as well as local NAUI, PADI, and YMCA diving groups.