Our Financial Aid staff will work with you from your application for admission and financial aid through your graduation. A Financial Aid staff member will help you identify financing options, assist you with paperwork and explain your rights and responsibilities for federal student loans.
Financial Aid staff are available Monday through Thursday, from 9am to 6pm and Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Please stop by or call us!


The first step in the financial aid application process is the submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This process can be completed quickly and easily on the United States Department of Education’s website at:   Apply for Financial Aid | Federal Student Aid.
This application will determine your eligibility for Federal Pell Grants and federal student loans.

  • Go to the FAFSA website
  • Complete the FAFSA application with your personal information
  • When prompted, add The Ocean Corporation’s school code #026002 for your school choice
  • Sign the application using your FSA ID.  Use the link to create a FSA ID:  FSA ID | Your Account for Federal Student Aid
  • Submit application

Your eligibility results will be automatically sent to our Financial Aid Office within 2-3 business days. To discuss you eligibility results, call our Financial Aid Office at 1(800) 321-0298.


Below are a number of the more commonly asked questions about financial aid.  Of course, you can always call us in the Financial Aid Office at (800) 321-0298.

Where do I fill out the financial aid application?

On line at – or just click this convenient link:   Apply for Financial Aid | Federal Student Aid

Which FAFSA do I submit?

  • If you will start class April 2021 to March 2022 you will use the 21/22 FAFSA.
  • If you will start class April 2022 to March 2023 you will use the 22/23 FAFSA.

Do I have to be registered for class before applying for financial aid?

No, you can apply at any time.  Just be sure to complete the FAFSA for the correct aid year.

What school code do I use to fill out the FAFSA application?

The Ocean Corporation school code number is:  026002

What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin at The Ocean Corporation?

Certificate or diploma (occupational, technical, or education program of less than two years.)

Will I need my parent’s information?

If you are considered a dependent student you will have to provide your parent’s information. Independent students do not require parent information.


As you complete the FAFSA Application, the web process will walk you through the dependent/independent status step-by-step.  If you’d like to learn more, click on the link for information on determining your dependency status:  Dependency Status | Federal Student Aid

What is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?

The IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows students and parents to access the IRS tax return information needed to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The tool allows certain tax filers to transfer the data directly into their FAFSA from the IRS Web site.


You can include anyone for whom you provide more than one-half of their financial support.

What is an FSA ID?

An FSA ID is a username and password that give you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.  You will need to create an FSA ID to complete your FAFSA, but make sure you remember your username and password, because you will need the FSA ID and password for a number of financial aid functions after the FAFSA.

Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use. You are not authorized to create an FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member.

Click her to create your FSA ID  FSA ID | Your Account for Federal Student Aid


The Federal Financial Aid Programs available at The Ocean Corporation include:

Federal Pell Grant

Eligible students who have not received a bachelor’s degree and are enrolled in UDT or NDT may receive this grant based on your FAFSA data. A Federal Pell Grant is a grant that does not need to be repaid. Click on the link for information about the Federal Pell Grant directly from the U.S. Dept. of Education:  Federal Pell Grants | Federal Student Aid.

Federal SEOG Grant

Pell-eligible students enrolled in UDT or NDT may also receive this additional grant based on financial need. A Federal SEOG is a grant that does not need to be repaid. Click on the link for more information about the Federal SEOG Grant.  FSEOG (Grants) | Federal Student Aid


The Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant (IASG) is a federal grant for students whose parent or guardian was member of the U.S. armed forces and died in service in Iraq or Afghanistan after September 11, 2001.  The IASG is unique because students who are eligible for the Pell Grant based on their Expected Family Contribution are not eligible for the award.  Click here for Information about Federal Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant from the U.S. Department of Education.  Click on the link for more information regarding the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant.  Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants | Federal Student Aid

Federal Direct Student Loan Program – Stafford Student Loans

All eligible students at the Ocean Corporation can borrow a Federal Direct Stafford Student loan.  Your FAFSA data will determine your eligibility for a subsidized loan and/or unsubsidized loan. Click on the link for more information regarding the Federal Direct Student Loan Program.  Loans | Federal Student Aid

Federal Direct Student Loan Program – Parent PLUS Loans

Parents of dependent students attending the Ocean Corporation are generally able to borrow a Federal Parent PLUS Loan from the Federal Direct Student Loan Program. Parents can borrow up to the full cost of education (minus any other aid received). Click on the link for Information about Federal Parent PLUS Loans.  PLUS Loans | Federal Student Aid

Students seeking more detailed information about financial aid, including all of the programs mentioned above, are welcome to contact The Ocean Corporation Financial Aid Office at 1-800-321-0298.


To be eligible to receive federal student aid, you must:

  •  Complete a FAFSA Application. (The FAFSA Application process is used to determine financial need (for most financial aid programs); to prove your identity, social security number, citizenship status (among other things); and to access your previous financial aid history (if any).
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.  Generally, anyone with legal permanent residence status or refugee status is eligible. If your status is unusual
  • Have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.)
  • Have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Education Development (GED) certificate – or have completed a high school education in a home-schooled setting approved under state law (or, if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential – completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law); Click on the link for additional information.  Eligibility Requirements | Federal Student Aid
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate. (Both the Ultimate Diver Training (UDT) and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Programs at The Ocean Corporation are eligible programs.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout your instruction.
  • Not be in default on a previous federal student loan or owe a refund on previous federal student financial aid.
  • Not have a conviction for the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were a student receiving federal student aid (such as grants, work-study, or loans). If you have such a conviction, you must complete the Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet to determine if you are eligible for aid or partially eligible for aid.

Some types of federal student aid, such as the Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG Grant or subsidized student loans (where the government pays the interest while you are in school), also require you to have financial need.

Additionally, once you have a bachelor’s degree or a first professional degree, you are generally not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant or the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG).

Other requirements may also apply. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.


Veterans Benefits:

Veterans of the Armed Services are generally eligible for educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The veteran/student must apply for benefits directly with the VA.  The Ocean Corporation will certify the student’s enrollment and academic progress to the VA each month. Veterans with a service-connected disability and children/ dependents of veterans who were disabled or killed in the line of duty may also be eligible for benefits.

For more information about VA educational benefits, please contact the VA at 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website at: VA Education Benefits | Veterans Affairs 

Social Security Survivor’s Benefits:

Check with your local Social Security Office for information on eligibility and benefits. 

State Vocational Rehabilitation Educational Programs:

Educational programs for persons with disabilities vary from state to state. Programs are also available for the vocational rehabilitation of former prisoners in some states. Check with your state’s vocational rehabilitation office. 

Bureau of Indian Affairs:

Registered members of a Native American tribal group may be entitled to educational benefits. Request information on grants and/or loans from your tribal headquarters or education office. Information is also available from the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Washington, D.C. 20245. State Unemployment/Displaced Worker Benefits: Benefits vary from state to state. Contact your state employment office for information. 

Canadian Student Loans:

Loans are available for Canadian citizens/legal residents. Programs may vary from Province to Province. Contact the Student Aid Office in your Province for more information. 

Flexible Ocean Corporation Payment Plans:

Students who do not qualify for sufficient financial assistance will appreciate our flexible payment schedules. Contact our Financial Aid Office at 800-321-0298 or 281-530-0202 and speak with your advisor to discuss how we can work with you today!

To learn more about the financial aid process at the Ocean Corporation, click the link for information on how to apply for financial aid.  Apply for Financial Aid | Federal Student Aid   For information about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for federal student aid, visit our “Rights and Responsibilities” webpage. To complete your on-line “Entrance Counseling” or “Exit Counseling” for your Federal Stafford Student Loan, visit our “Loan Requirements” page.


The Ocean Corporation wants to make you aware of every benefit available for the financial commitment you have made. The federal government offers several income tax benefits for education costs, including the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. These are available to students and parents who paid tuition at a post-secondary school in the tax year, subject to IRS rules. The credits are available regardless of whether a student applied for or received federal student financial aid.  

Also, once you have completed your education, you might also be eligible to deduct the cost of any interest paid on your federal student loans.

The Ocean Corporation reports to the IRS annually the amount of tuition each student paid during the tax year (using the government’s formula). A Form 1098-T form will be mailed to each student’s permanent address as long as you have a valid Social Security number on file.

The Form 1098-T, along with your copy of the Ocean Corporation’s billing statement, should be used by your tax preparer to determine your eligibility for a tax credit.

Because each taxpayer’s circumstances vary, we cannot provide tax advice or assistance related to the credit or how to claim the credit, but we will be here to assist you in locating helpful resources.

As required by law, your Form1098-T statement will be mailed by Jan. 31 of the following year.

Related Links: